Inspired by classic video games, Boss Monster challenges you to become a villain, build a dungeon, lure in adventurers, and destroy them!
Welcome to Boss Monster, The card game that gives you the chance to become the ultimate villain: The boss of a videogame-style side-scrolling dungeon. If you have ever spent hours navigating the pixelated perils of 8-bit dungeons, Boss Monster is designed for you. Players compete to lure and destroy hapless adventurers, racing to outbid one another to see who can build the most enticing, treasure-filled dungeon. The goal of Boss Monster is to be the first Boss to amass ten Souls, which are gained when a Hero is lured and defeated — but a player can lose if his Boss takes five Wounds from Heroes who survive his dungeon.
Playing Boss Monster requires you to juggle two competing priorities: the need to lure Heroes at a faster rate than your opponents, and the need to kill those Heroes before they reach your Boss. Players can build one room per turn, each with its own damage and treasure value. More attractive rooms tend to deal less damage, so a Boss who is too greedy can become inundated with deadly Heroes.
Players interact with each other by building rooms and playing Spells. Because different Heroes seek different treasure types, and rooms are built simultaneously (played face down, then revealed), this means that every "build phase" is a bidding war. Spells are instant-speed effects that can give players advantages or disrupt opponents.
As a standalone card game with 155 cards, Boss Monster contains everything that 2-4 players need to play.
The Rules are a multistate item, just type the page number you want while you have the rules selected to change the page (Page count 1-24)
The game contains 5 Save states: (2-6 Player states start with Boss Monster 1 Preset up)
- "1-6 players, Decks located in the Mimic Chest", this chest is sorted by Game, a box is inside for Boss Monster 1 and Boss monster 2, 4 chests are inside each box, all chests are labelled, The 2 Player chest contains the hero cards required for a 2 player game, The 3 player chest contains the hero cards needed for a 3 player game, the 4 player chest contains the hero cards needed for a 4 player game, and finally a chest for a 5-6 player game. Just put the cards in their proper spots on the table, shuffle the decks, go over the rules with everyone and start playing. Do not mix these sets together, only use the set for the amount of players in the game.
Note: On Boss Monster 1, 5-6 Player Chest, all cards get added to the cards already on the table, For Boss Monster 2, For all player counts, All decks are prebuilt for a game of Boss Monster 2, You can either add all cards to the cards already on the table to play Boss Monster 1 and 2 together, or remove all the Boss Monster 1 cards already on the table and just play with the Boss Monster 2 cards from the chest for however many players are playing.
- "2 Player Game", This table is already set up for a 2 player game, just Read the Rules, Shuffle the Cards, and Begin.
- "3 Player Game", This table is already set up for a 3 Player game, just Read the Rules, Shuffle the Cards, and Begin.
- "4 Player Game", This table is already set up for a 4 Player game, just Read the Rules, Shuffle the Cards, and Begin.
- "5-6 Player Game" This table is already set up for a 5-6 Player game, just Read the Rules, Shuffle the Cards, and Begin.
Make sure to check out my other uploads:
Zombies!!! + Expansions
Zombies!!! The Card Game